Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 (8 ounces total) medium carrots
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup stirred unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting—see below
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Grease and flour an 8 by 4 by 2 -inch loaf pan.
- Shred the carrots with the fine shredding disc of a food processor; Remove – there should be 1 1/2 tightly packed cups.
- Process the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla with the metal blade just until blended, about 2 seconds. do not over process.
- Evenly sprinkle the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon over the mixture; process until smooth, about 5 seconds.
- Sprinkle with the pecan halves; add the carrots and process until the pecans and carrots are evenly distributed, 4 seconds.
- Turn into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 60 minutes.
- Loosen the edges and turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
4T unsalted butter, cut into equal pieces
4 oz. cream cheese
1t vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups stirred confectioner’s sugar
Process in food processor until smooth. Garnish frosted cake with additional pecan halves.